Fields: gender, LGBTQ, human rights, film, arts
Location: Remote, Chicago
About the Organization: Pidgeon (Chicago, IL) is an intersex activist, educator, and filmmaker. They are a leader in the intersex movement’s fight for bodily autonomy and justice. Their goal is to deconstruct the dangerous myths that lead to violations of intersex people’s human rights, including common, irreversible medical procedures performed without consent to make bodies conform to binary sex stereotypes. Currently, Pidgeon is working on a new feature-length documentary set to premiere in 2019, while simultaneously documenting intersex people of color for a new photo series funded by Astraea’s Intersex Human Rights Fund.
About the Position: Seeking a booking manager, personal assistant, and Etsy shop manager to help an intersex activist and college speaker manage bookings, Etsy orders and miscellaneous tasks including social media & communication. The primary responsibility of this position will be to manage bookings with clients and assist with scheduling using email and Apple calendar. Most work will be remote, but the individual should be available for in-person meetings in Chicago (or Skype) as needed. Ideally based in Chicago but not necessary.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Precision and attention to detail
- An ability to take initiative and solve problems independently as needed
- A flexible schedule
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Attention to discretion and confidentiality
- An ability to store merchandise and shipping materials in a clean, pet-free* (*ideally), and smoke-free environment
- Proficiency with Office suite and Google suite. Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Car ownership and/or IL driver’s license is a plus
- Ability to accompany me on gigs is a plus
- Pet sitting also a plus
Estimated Salary: $15/hour, averaging 5-10 hours/week with some variability (may be lower or higher depending on demand week-by-week). You will also receive commissions for each booking completed.
Deadline: October 21, 2018