Fields: African American, math, engineering, education, youth
Location: Alexandria, Virginia
About the Organization: NSBE supports and promotes the aspirations of collegiate and pre-collegiate students and technical professionals in engineering and technology. NSBE’s mission is “to increase the number of culturally responsible Black Engineers who excel academically, succeed professionally and positively impact the community.” NSBE offers its members leadership training, professional development activities, mentoring, career placement services, community service opportunities and more. The goal of the Society is to replicate its mission and vision in countries around the world, creating a global network of Black Engineers, scientists and technologists. NSBE has accomplished more for black engineering students than any other organization in the world.
About the Position: The Program Assistant provides clerical and project management support to the Director, Collegiate & Professional Programs.
- Management and preparation for travel for all boards and staff;
- Plans/Manages/Attends the National Convention to support the Intel-NSBE Scholars Program (Intel) & the STEMulating Young Minds Institute (SYMI); Review and approve all Intel & SYMI travel authorization submissions and rooming lists; Acquire meeting space and sleeping rooms for all Intel & SYMI Programs;
- Manage Sponsored Program travel request profile and book travel if needed; Manage & reconcile Programs Department credit card.
- Provides back-up support to the Programs Team if needed.
- Must have good work ethic and be capable of handling confidential information. Superior organizational skills is a must.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Typing at least 45 words per minutes.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment with multiple constituents. Must be able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, be assertive and have good decision-making skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Math Ability – Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination. College degree preferred, but not required.
Estimated Salary: $47,500 annualized, exempt
Apply Here: Applications can be sent to Ralanda Nelson at email@example.com