Fields: LGBTQ, human rights, social justice, progressive, advocacy
About the Organization: The ITF is an activist and funder-led initiative that aims to increase the capacity of trans movements globally to self-organize and advocate for trans people’s rights, self-determination, and wellbeing. The ITF works to mobilize sustainable resources to help build strong, trans-led movements and collective action, and to address and eliminate funding gaps impacting trans groups across the globe. The ITF is hosted at Astraea Lesbian Foundation for Justice.
About the Position: The Program Intern will provide program assistance and administrative functions to the organization. This position provides an intern with an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in nonprofit settings and with global trans movements, with potential opportunities for special projects depending on the intern’s skills. Program Interns work closely with ITF’s Program Associate to learn about, and contribute to, our support of over 30 trans-led groups around the world. Program Interns receive training and guidance on our progressive grantmaking model and learn about trans, feminist and social justice movements globally. Interns can expect to be involved in a variety of aspects of ITF’s grantmaking.
This position is based in Astraea’s NY office with an immediate start date. The Intern will be required to work at minimum 2 full days per week, or 3 partial days per week, and no more than 21 hours per week. Internships have a maximum commitment of 6 months.
- Detail-oriented, able to follow directions, and take initiative when needed.
- Outgoing and friendly personality, professional demeanor. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Organizational skills. Ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints.
- Trans people are encouraged to apply.
- ITF particularly seeks interns with Spanish, or other language proficiency, in addition to English.
- Applicants born or who originate from a global south country are strongly encouraged to apply for this role. US work authorization is required.
Estimated Salary: $13/hour increasing to $15/hour effective January 1, 2019.
Deadline: October 31, 2018
International Trans Fund