Fields: sustainability, environment, Jewish, communications, fundraising
Location: Remote from anywhere (Boston/East Coast US preferable)
About the Organization: Organic Torah integrates ancient Jewish wisdom with new directions in modern thought such as ecological and systems thinking which emphasize networks of relationship, context and patterns of connection. This new approach to Jewish texts focuses on their patterns, recovers their organic vibrancy, and opens them up so that we can see their relevance to modern lives. Organic Torah works to spread understanding of this new synthesis between old and new through publications, our membership program, workshops and more.
About the Position: Organic Torah is hiring an Operations Assistant for part-time work starting ASAP, to support our communications and outreach, membership program, project management, and more. Duties include communications, CRM database management, newsletter, grant applications, tracking relationships with donors, overseeing fundraising campaigns on social media.
Organic Torah is based in Boston, but you could work from anywhere, although the Boston area or East Coast would be preferable. You would provide your own workspace and computer. Approximately 4-5 hours per week, with a very flexible schedule. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, but there is some flexibility within a few weeks.
- The ideal candidate will be excited about our mission, have experience with the Jewish sustainability field and non-profit operations, and be competent with a number of software systems.
- Collaborative team player with good communication skills, especially writing public-facing promotional language
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Experience with the Jewish sustainability field, or generally with small and/or Jewish non-profits. A strong personal network in this space would be a plus.
- We use the following programs: WordPress, ConstantContact, Little Green Light, PayPal, Zoom, plus Facebook and Google Suite (Drive, Calendar, Mail). Professional experience with these or similar software would be a plus. The CRM database management is the most specialized skill of this position, so experience with CRM software would make for a stronger application.
Estimated Salary: $30/hour. This is a contractor position without benefits.