Fields: sustainability, environment, women’s rights, progressive, civil society
About the Organization: Population Connection (formerly ZPG) is a national non-profit membership organization that works to mobilize broad public support for a sustainable balance of the earth’s people, environment, and resources. We recognize that the environment, human population, technology, and social and economic activity are inextricably linked. We strive for a world where people and other living things coexist in harmony; where the bottom line is cooperation and compassion; where our present population and activities help ensure the future well-being of today’s children and of generations to come. Population Connection’s programs aim to inform public opinion and to influence public initiatives on matters related to population, the environment, the status of women, and the quality of life for all people, through progressive, action-oriented programs.
About the Position: Population Connection, a non-profit membership base organization with over 40,000 members is seeking an individual with experience providing exceptional customer service to join the Membership Services Department at its headquarters in Washington DC. This department is responsible for all member services activities, including processing donations and annual membership dues.
Primary responsibilities involve processing a high-volume of data entry, administrative support for membership retention, service, and acquisition; and database management of member services requests via mail, email, telephone customer service and performing a variety of other administrative tasks.
This is a full-time position in our Washington, DC office. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m.
- Minimum AA degree.
- Strong experience in a member or client services capacity or environment and high volume data entry/database management experience. Candidate with database experience (Money Maker in particular) will be given first consideration.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills, especially the ability to communicate with individuals in person, on the phone and via email. Experience working in a membership services organization/division of a non-profit organization or association is highly preferred.
- Well-developed problem solving and organizational skills. Must be able to handle multiple projects, tasks and deadlines with ease and at the same time be flexible and adapt to changing work priorities. Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent follow-up skills and ability to accurately and quickly proof work product. Typing speed between 55 and 80 words per minute.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft office applications and web-based programs are required.
Estimated Salary: $45,500 + Health, dental, Life insurance, 401k retirement plan with employer match, holiday pay, generous sick pay and annual leave.
Deadline: Until filled