Fields: social work, health, policy, law, outreach
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
About the Organization: Charlotte Center for Legal Advocacy is a non-profit agency that provides legal assistance in civil matters to low-income persons in Charlotte and Western North Carolina.
About the Position: Charlotte Center for Legal Advocacy seeks both permanent and temporary full-time Health Insurance Marketplace Navigators for its Family Support and Health Care Program.
- Conduct education and outreach about the Affordable Care Act and Federally Facilitated Marketplace (FFM) to individuals in Mecklenburg County.
- Facilitate health insurance enrollment through one-on-one in person meetings with consumers in various community locations: Educate consumers about eligibility for health insurance programs and assist with applications for Qualified Health Plans (QHPs), Medicaid, and NC Health Choice; Help individuals understand premium tax credits and their potential financial impact; Facilitate plan selection based on the needs of the individual/family or the small business seeking health insurance coverage.
- Work with community partners including other non-profit organizations, medical clinics, health departments, churches, libraries, job-training programs and other stakeholders to coordinate outreach efforts and connect with uninsured individuals/ families.
- Provide all information and services in a manner that is culturally and linguistically appropriate and ensure accessibility for individuals with disabilities. Work with English and Spanish language media (including print, radio and television) to share information on open enrollment and the availability of in-person assistance.
- Four-year degree in social work, public health, public policy, communications, paralegal studies, or related field, OR equivalent experience.
- Experience working with low-income communities preferably at a non-profit or community-based organization within a multi-ethnic/multi-cultural environment.
- Experience in public benefit eligibility or enrollment and/or work experience as an enrollment service representative.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with co-workers and clients face-to-face and in meeting settings.
- Must possess socio-economic and cultural sensitivity and the realization and sensitivity that the Navigator may come in contact with angry, upset, or ill persons.
- Spanish language proficiency preferred.
Estimated Salary: $30,000+ (depending on experience); generous leave and benefits.