Fields: fundraising, communications, South Asia, immigrants, youth
Location: Queens, NYC
About the Organization: South Asian Youth Action (SAYA) is a 501(c)3 organization for New York City youth ranging in age from first graders to college students. SAYA is South Asian-focused, inclusive and committed to connecting young people from all backgrounds to opportunities. Our mission is to foster a strong sense of belonging in youth and provide them with tools to thrive academically, professionally and personally. Many of our participants are first- or second-generation immigrants and face challenges that can hinder their chances to be academically successful, graduate high school and go to college. SAYA provides an accessible, safe and culturally affirming space for all youth and offers mentorship beyond the classroom so they confidently grow into engaged community members ready for college, career and personal success. Established in 1996, SAYA has grown into a $4.3 million organization currently running programs at nine NYC schools and our community center in Elmhurst, Queens.
About the Position: SAYA is seeking a Development & Communications Associate who can support our growing development efforts. They will assist with strategies and procedures around our donor database enhancement and upkeep, as well as with expanding our overall web and social media presence. As the Development & Communications Associate SAYA, you will gain comprehensive understanding of nonprofit fundraising and marketing functions while cultivating transferable professional skills. SAYA is committed to providing its employees with opportunities for growth and room for creativity in a supportive environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Nonprofit experience, preferably in fundraising, is desirable. Experience with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge or other donor database software and communication platforms a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research and synthesize information from a variety of sources.
- The ideal candidate will excel in the following areas: High level of comfort with data systems and analytics. Social media savviness and ease in adapting to new communication platforms and technologies. Project management and organizational skills.
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter, methodical worker, creative thinker, team player, and strong writer who can meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. They have exceptional organizational skills, with an eye for detail and genuine belief in SAYA’s mission, a commitment to the South Asian community and/or youth development.
Estimated Salary: $40,000 – $42,000 + generous benefits package and provides its employee a healthy work-life balance in a fast-growing youth development nonprofit.
Deadline: October 26, 2018
South Asian Youth Action