Fields: sexual health, gender, women’s rights, health, education
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
About the Organization: The Center for Sexual Pleasure and Health (CSPH) is an organization based in Providence, RI dedicated to providing culturally inclusive, medically accurate, and pleasure informed sexuality education, therapy, and professional training.
About the Position: We are seeking a part-time Education & Training Coordinator to join our small (but mighty!) team to oversee the planning and execution of the CSPH’s educational programs which include: a college workshop tour; professional development trainings for medical providers, mental health professionals, and health educators; written educational content; webinars; and curriculum training for contract educators.
The Education & Training Coordinator will be motivated, organized, and detail-oriented, as well as possess strong communications skills (both oral and written). This individual will demonstrate a strong understanding and respect for the CSPH’s organizational values, and an adherence to the principles of adult learning. Above all, this individual will support the core tenants of the CSPH’s mission of providing adults with high quality, medically-accurate, queer-inclusive, consent-based, pleasure-guided, and socially conscious sex education – the sex education they deserve.
Part-time; 20-25 hours/week. Willingness and ability to work evening and weekend hours as needed (prior notice will be given). While performing the duties of this job, the person in this position will occasionally need to lift and/or move suitcases of education materials (up to 25 pounds) to and from presentations/workshops. Anticipated Start Date: October 22, 2018 or ASAP.
- BA/BS in Public Health, Human Sexuality, Health Education, Gender Studies, or related field; OR 2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated skills in program planning, curriculum development, group facilitation and training, community organizing and outreach
- Commitment to inclusive, multicultural programming; Prior experience working with diverse communities and an understanding of intersectional oppressions; A strong commitment to social justice
- Desire and ability to supervise program participants and work with adults, mental health providers, medical providers, educators, and other professionals
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues, needs and interests of queer and gender nonconforming individuals, including knowledge of the spectrum of gender identity and transgender issues
- Comfort negotiating payment, drawing up contracts, and creating invoices
- Previous experience working in sexual health education or advocacy preferred
- Broad and deep knowledge of the field of sexuality preferred, whether obtained through formal education or direct work experience
Estimated Salary: $15-$18/hour, commensurate with experience.
Deadline: October 19, 2018
Apply Here: See job description here. Applicants should submit their resume and cover letter in .PDF format via email with the subject line “[Your Name] Education & Training Application” to HR@theCSPH.org.