Fields: social services, women’s rights, gender, children, domestic violence
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
About the Organization: Building communities free of domestic violence and sexual assault. SafeHouse Center provides support for those impacted by domestic violence or sexual assault. SafeHouse provides free and confidential services for any person victimized that lives or works in Washtenaw County. Our services include emergency shelter for those in danger of being hurt or killed, counseling, legal advocacy, support groups, and especially, hope.
About the Position: These positions will provide crisis intervention, advocacy, support and resources to survivors of Domestic Violence and/or Sexual Assault and their children. Due to Response Team duties, applicants must be able to respond to area hospitals (St. Joes and UofM) and the Washtenaw County Jail within 30 minutes. Full time (40 hrs/week): Monday-Friday during business hours with flexibility for evenings and weekends due to 24 hr. Response duties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services field OR 2 years’ experience in a human services field.
- Demonstrated skill in writing, speaking, interpersonal communication, and teamwork.
- Competency in crisis management.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to the unique circumstances of underserved populations and to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- For Language Advocate position: Fluency in Arabic, Mandarin Chinese or Spanish
- Public speaking and training facilitation experience preferred.
Estimated Salary: $16.36/hour, 40 hours/week. SHC makes available to permanent staff members working 30 or more hours a week the following: Health insurance, Dependent’s health insurance, Life insurance, Accidental death and dismemberment insurance, Short-Term Disability Insurance, Long-Term Disability Insurance, Simple IRA
Deadline: Until filled