Fields: peacebuilding, international relations, communications, fundraising, Middle East
Location: NYC, New York
About the Organization: Givat Haviva (GH) has been a leader in the field of equality and Jewish-Arab reconciliation in Israel since its inception in 1949. Its programs represent more than half of Israel’s NGO efforts to foster a democratic and shared society for the Arab and Jewish citizens of Israel
About the Position: GHEF is currently looking for an energetic, organized communications and fundraising professional to join a growing development department. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Communications and Development Coordinator (CDC) is responsible for supporting the growth of the organization’s programs through its communications, individual giving, and institutional fundraising initiatives.
The CDC creates and manages all aspects of GHEF’s annual campaigns, including direct mail and electronic appeals, and works closely with the Director of Development to support the institutional giving program. S/he is responsible for creating a strong social media and website presence. In addition, the CDC is responsible for maintaining the integrity of GHEF’s donor database, including accurate and timely gift entry and acknowledgment, campaign analysis, and reporting.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: This position requires a meticulous and detail-oriented person with a proactive and positive attitude. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent organizational, interpersonal, and written skills, project management experience, an ability to balance multiple deadlines, and a communicative, collaborative work style. A strong appreciation for Givat Haviva’s work in conflict resolution and the shared society movement is especially helpful.
- At least 1 year of successful development, communications, or related non-profit experience (editor’s note: would include internships, I believe)
- Proven ability to generate clear and compelling written materials for a variety of audiences
- Experience with donor databases (Raiser’s Edge a plus), and culling/analyzing data
- Demonstrated experience building awareness through websites and social media platforms
- Excellent interpersonal skills for managing a wide range of internal and external relationships
- Exceptional attention to detail with acute awareness of the “big picture”
- Excellent computer skills; website development and/or graphic Confidence combined with humility (able to say, “I don’t know, but I’ll look into it and get back to you”)
- Flexibility, a sense of humor, and a strong work ethic
Estimated Salary: $35,000 – $40,000 + benefits
Deadline: September 30, 2018