Fields: community development, racial justice, children, poverty, social justice
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
About the Organization: KConnect is a network of public and private organizations working to advance a collective movement aimed at ensuring all children in Kent County have a clear path to economic prosperity through quality education, family, and community supports. Fundamental to our vision is that we are committed to nothing less than closing the unacceptable achievement gaps for students living in poverty and children of color, and increasing the achievement for all students from cradle to college to career.
About the Position: Reporting to the President, the Executive Assistant will:
- Provide a wide range of administrative support services to the President.
- Assist with processes related to financial operations, grant writing, and grant reporting
- Assist as needed with communication updates and content curation for KConnect’s website, blog, twitter and Facebook.
- Facilitate ongoing internal stakeholder communications as requested.
- Assist with scheduling stakeholder meetings and events.
- Prepare for workgroup meetings including scheduling, meeting packet distribution, and meeting logistical planning.
- Draft, edit and distribute meeting materials.
- Assist with payroll and accounting process activities.
- Maintain virtual filing and organizational systems (Trello, Connect, etc).
- Complete special projects and other assignments as requested.
- Manage communication within a fast-paced environment via email, phone and text as needed.
- Manage President’s daily calendar and schedule.
- Attend internal meetings on behalf of the President if necessary.
- Support a fun, ambitious, and goal-oriented team culture.
LOCATION: KConnect, 1633 E. Beltline Ave NE, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49525. PART-TIME: 20 hours per week
- Value the need for greater inclusivity and equity
- Politically astute
- Excellent listening and note taking skills
- Comfort with data and metrics
- Excellent organizational skills
- Time and task oriented
- Working knowledge of social media
- Hard working and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Prior relevant experience
- Pitch in spirit
- Sense of humor
Estimated Salary: $17 – $20/hour, 20 hours/week
Deadline: Until filled
KConnect / Kent County Family and Children’s Coordinating Council