Fields: urban planning, statistics, computer science, data analysis, SQL
About the Organization: NLC is the oldest and largest national organization representing municipal governments throughout the United States. Working in partnership with the 49 state municipal leagues, the National League of Cities serves as a resource to and an advocate for the more than 19,000 cities, villages, and towns it represents.
About the Position: Responsible for responding to staff support ticket requests for netFORUM/SQL queries and reports and uploading contact and related information via SQL. Activities may also include data entry and developing processes to identify and eliminate duplicate records. Opportunity to contribute to NLC’s overall data and analytics strategy and vision. Work closely with Municipal Data and Analytics and netFORUM database administrator to support NLC’s mission to help city leaders build better communities.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and occasional weekend work as job duties demand. Requires the ability to travel locally, regionally and nationally for 3-4 trips annually. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area travel may be expected.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: (note: unless it says “required,” each of these are preferrred)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, operations information management, statistics, or related degree is required;
- 1-2yrs experience as associate management system (AMS) administrator with systems such as netFORUM, Salesforce, or Aptify;
- 1-2yrs developing queries and manipulating data using SQL;
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as PoweBI or Tableau and data visualization;
- Experience with developing and delivering user training;
- Demonstrated understanding of data quality assurance and techniques to improve data quality
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills;
- Experience with Higher Logic online community platforms such as Informz and managing mailing lists a plus;
- Experience with Intacct or similar accounting system a plus;
- Experience developing and maintaining SharePoint sites a plus;
- Familiarity with data analysis tools and software packages such as SAS, Stata, R, Python, ArcGIS, and other similar tools a plus;
- Familiarity with API development a plus
Estimated Salary: $44,744 – $50,303 annually + benefits
Deadline: Not given / until filled
National League of Cities