Fields: international relations, peacebuilding, Middle East, Jewish, Islam
Location: Chicago, Illinois
About the Organization: Hands of Peace is an interfaith organization that empowers young people to raise their voices as leaders of change. Through the power of dialogue, Palestinians, Israelis and Americans partner to pursue peace, equality, freedom and justice. Hands of Peace believes the future depends on the leadership of the next generation.
About the Position:
- Based in Glenview, Illinois, the Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for providing direct support to the Executive Director, Development Director, and Marketing consultant. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to see up close all elements of running a small, growing international non-profit. Key areas of involvement include but are not limited to:
- In support of the Development Director:
- Processing contributions in database, handling deposits, coordinating donor acknowledgements
- Preparing donation summary reports and spreadsheets
- Providing support for special event registration and payment, as well as on-site logistics
- Writing routine grant applications
- In support of the Marketing consultant:
- Maintaining WordPress website content and supporting social media platforms
- Creating online forms and other tools
- Overseeing inventory of marketing materials
- In support of the Executive Director and Glenview office:
- Managing the physical office, including handling supplies, phone, mail, hardware/software support.
- Maintaining office calendar and scheduling meetings and meeting space.
- Communicating with Chicago-area volunteers about upcoming programming and events
- Onsite logistics and A/V support for local programming
- Working collaboratively with staff in Chicago, San Diego and Israel/Palestine in implementing the duties above.
- Experience working with a variety of technology including databases, communication platforms, and social media is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel (including mail merge) is required.
- Experience working with Israelis and Palestinians is preferred.
Estimated Salary: $30,000 – $35,000 + Health Insurance (Blue Cross PPO/HMO options)
Deadline: September 24, 2018
Hands of Peace