Fields: gender, social services, outreach, sexual health, domestic violence
Location: Roanoke, Virginia
About the Organization: SARA Vision: To eliminate sexual violence in the Roanoke Valley. Mission: To respond to sexual violence in our community through an empowerment model that is trauma-informed, collaborative and multidisciplinary. Values: SARA embraces an empowerment model where individuals are treated with dignity and respect and are actively involved in deciding the course of services they receive.
About the Position: SARA is looking for an enthusiastic, compassionate and creative individual with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team and the ability to engage others in creating and promoting a trauma-informed community while raising awareness of sexual violence.
The Education and Outreach Coordinator is responsible for increasing the capacity of the Roanoke Valley Community to respond to and understand sexual violence. This includes building and strengthening relationships with community groups, organizations and community leaders through collaboration and promoting a coordinated community response to sexual violence. The Education and Outreach Coordinator will develop and facilitate sexual violence awareness and program outreach activities based on community-based, trauma-informed, best practices models. The Education and Outreach Coordinator will also provide direct crisis intervention services through the SARA 24-hour sexual assault crisis hotline. This includes responding to crisis calls and providing in-person accompaniment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Strong knowledge of sexual violence, outreach in communities and the intersections with other forms of violence and oppression
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, especially public speaking
- Proven ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Some nights and weekends are required; Some hotline on-call time required; Valid driver’s license and dependable transportation
- Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree in a related field; Experience in sexual violence, public health, community organizing, or related field
Estimated Salary: $37,000 – $42,000 a year + benefits
Deadline: Until filled
Job description here: SARA (Sexual Assault Response & Awareness) of Roanoke Valley. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Executive Director Teresa Berry by emailing email@example.com.