Fields: gender, women’s rights, social justice, education, youth
Location: Bowling Green, Ohio
About the Organization: The Center for Women and Gender Equity (CWGE) envisions a community at BGSU and in Ohio, the nation, and the world where individuals of all gender identities have the access, opportunity, and resources to determine the course of their own lives. Therefore, the mission of CWGE is to support students, staff, faculty, and community partners of BGSU with programs and services that advance the understanding and potential for gender equity.
About the Position: This position reports to the Director of the Center for Women and Gender Equity. The Student Engagement Coordinator assists with developing, implementing, and coordinating ongoing and one-off programs that contribute to student identity development, retention and graduation, promoting equitable and safe environments on campus, facilitating education on diversity, gender justice, and building a community of student leaders. Responsible for assisting with recruiting, hiring, and supervising paid student workers, interns, and volunteers.
- BA required. BA preferred in Women & Gender Studies, College Student Personnel, or similar.
- 6-12 months of experience, developing and executing evidence based educational programming.
- 6-12 months of experience, including time spent as a graduate assistant, advising students or student organizations.
- Master’s Degree.
- 6-12 months of experience marketing campaigns, print materials, and social media
- 6-12 months of experience, including time spent as a graduate assistant, supervising staff
- 6-12 months of experience with program assessment
Estimated Salary: Annual: $41,062 – $61,080 (control point $49,069).
Hourly: $19.75 – $29.37 (control point $23.60).
Deadline: October 5, 2018
Bowling Green State University