Fields: social work, housing, poverty, homeless, immigrants
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
About the Organization: FACETS opens doors by helping parents, their children, and individuals who suffer the effects of poverty in Fairfax County. We meet their emergency shelter, food, and medical needs, help them gain safe sustainable and permanent housing and work with them to end the cycle of homelessness and poverty through educational, life skills and career counseling programs.
About the Position: FACETS is hiring a dynamic individual to serve as a full-time Community Development Advocate (CDA) on FACETS Education and Community Development Team (ECD). The CDA will assess the needs of a diverse population residing at an affordable housing property located in Fairfax, VA.
The CDA will work closely with Fairfax County Redevelopment and Housing Authority (FCHRA) to implement “Moving to Work” (MTW), a part of FCHRA’s Total Housing Reinvention for Individual Success, Vital Services, and Economic Empowerment (THRIVE) initiative. Through THRIVE and MTW, the CDA will provide community case management to link residents to services and programs aimed at helping them become more self-sufficient. This may include case management, community development, and adult and youth programs. CDA will coordinate and oversee volunteer staff. A candidate that is bi-lingual in English/Arabic is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in social services or related field.
- Bi-lingual in English/Arabic strongly preferred – Bi-lingual in Urdu or Farsi a plus.
- Knowledge or understanding of tenant’s rights and responsibilities as well as “strengths based” case management.
- 2 years experience providing community based services including case management and community development preferred.
- Excellent data entry and data quality skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
- Ability to establish and maintain case records and to facilitate data collection.
- Experience in grant reporting a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required, strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, independent and creative worker.
- Ability to lift items weighing 10-20 pounds. Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, good driving record, and personal car insurance. Candidate must be able to drive 15 passenger van.
Estimated Salary: $35,000 – $36,000
Deadline: October 7, 2018