Fields: disaster recovery, social services, government, business,
Location: Sacramento, California
About the Organization: CaliforniaVolunteers is charged with increasing the number of Californians involved with service and volunteerism throughout the state. CaliforniaVolunteers administers AmeriCorps and Emergency Support Function 17 – Volunteer and Donations Management. The agency also guides policy development to support the nonprofit and service fields and is responsible for the coordination of disaster volunteers and monetary donations in response and recovery. CaliforniaVolunteers is the designated state agency to administer California’s Community Emergency Response Team Program.
About the Position: The DVP Specialist will report to the Director, Disaster Volunteering and Preparedness and assist in all phases of program planning and implementation for the state’s volunteer and donations management system. The incumbent will assist in the statewide effort to integrate volunteer resources into the emergency management system and support development of the state’s donations management strategy and system.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Emergency Management, Homeland Security, Criminal Justice, Public Administration, Business Administration, or comparable field of study.
- Ability to manage complex projects and to handle multiple assignments. Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must have knowledge of the National Response Framework and National Incident Management System.
- Preferred: 2 or more combined years of experience in the following areas: federal/state/local emergency planning / management, NGO program development, program outreach and development, homeland security, national service, or public safety.
- Preferred experience working with volunteer and service programs in disaster preparedness, response, and recovery.
- Operational field experience responding to major disasters in California is preferred.
- Disaster field experience working with some of the following is preferred: Federal Emergency Management Agency, Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD), faith community disaster response organizations, nongovernment disaster relief organizations, and national service programs.
Estimated Salary: $45,000 – $50,000
Deadline: September 21, 2018