Fields: communications, youth, sexual health, reproductive rights, advocacy
About the Organization: Advocates for Youth partners with youth leaders, adult allies, and youth-serving organizations to advocate for policies and champion programs that recognize young people’s rights to: honest sexual health information; accessible, confidential and affordable sexual health services; and the resources and opportunities necessary to create sexual health equity for all youth.
Advocates for Youth’s Communications department ensures that the work of youth activists and staff is represented in the media and in the conversation online. The Communications Department works to realize the organizational vision through cultural change initiatives. Communications maintains the organization’s websites, creates graphics and video, extends the reach of social media through strategic content creation, and creates informational materials for Advocates’ audiences.
About the Position: The Digital Content Coordinator will support the Communications Department by writing content for young people, youth serving professionals, parents, and policy makers; ensuring that content across all channels is timely and accurate; and maintaining social media channels and crafting a strategy to increase digital reach. The Digital Content Coordinator will maintain the organizational website using a WordPress CMS and will send organizational emails using an email marketing platform.
- Strong writing skills; demonstrated ability to write for variety of audiences
- Familiarity with WordPress CMS
- Strong problem solving abilities and ability to work independently
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience managing social media properties including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube (2 years minimum)
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices for digital communications
- Familiarity with ActionNetwork or other email platform
- Experience with graphic design and video editing a plus.
- Attention to detail and time management skills a must.
Estimated Salary: $40,000-50,000. This is a full-time position, 35 hours per week in Washington DC office, and includes health/dental benefits, life and disability insurance, a retirement plan with an employer contribution, and paid sick leave and vacation.
Deadline: September 21, 2018
Advocates for Youth