Fields: government, youth, education, civic engagement, community development
Location: Denver, Colorado
About the Organization: Serve Colorado builds a culture of civic engagement across the state in partnership with a vast array of community based organizations. Housed in the Office of Lt. Governor Donna Lynne, the program is closely aligned with efforts to increase access to education and improve student outcomes. The commission guides our work in three distinct programs: AmeriCorps Colorado, the state agency of the national domestic service program; Colorado Reads, the state’s early literacy initiative; and Days of Service to promote volunteerism. Along with these three programs, Serve Colorado hosts and participates in a number of events such as the Governor’s Service Awards, the AmeriCorps Opening Day Ceremony, retreats for AmeriCorps members, various literacy events and more.
About the Position: The Administrative Coordinator will play an essential role in supporting operations and logistics management for Serve Colorado including event/training, maintenance of the Serve Colorado website, and providing other administrative support for the Serve Colorado team (seven staff members). This role will also support the Training Officer role in the development of community trainings for potential applicants.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 1-2 years administrative work experience. Qualified candidates must be detail oriented and possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Additional experience may substitute for education on a year for year basis.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Enthusiasm for providing excellent customer service and strong organizational skills
- Experience with databases, Microsoft Office Suite, online tools such as Canva, etc.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, an eye for detail
- Experience with event planning and meeting logistics management
- Familiarity with AmeriCorps
- Ability to work independently and with various stakeholder groups
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of constituen
Estimated Salary: $2,916.67 – $3,750.00 Monthly / $37,000 – $45,000 annually + benefits
Deadline: September 19, 2018
Office of Lt. Governor of Colorado