Fields: health, advocacy, sexual health, mental health, domestic violence
Location: Helena, Arkansas
About the Organization: We are a statewide coalition of individuals and organizations working together toward the elimination of sexual violence and advocating for sexual assault victims’ rights and services. ACASA provides cohesion, vision and resources to members, while working to change public attitudes and beliefs surrounding sexual violence issues. We envision a world free of sexual violence in which men and women together assure that all human beings are treated with dignity and respect for their physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual integrity. Through collaborative action, the Arkansas Coalition Against Sexual Assault advocates for the rights and needs of persons affected by all forms of sexual violence.
About the Position: Full time position under the direct supervision of the Executive Director of ACASA and the Sexual Assault Advocate located in Helena, this position will be responsible for coordinating all volunteer duties and activities and ensuring all paperwork and reporting requirements are met. When not coordinating volunteer activities, this position will provide direct advocacy services to victims of sexual assault. Availability to begin work October 1st preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (5 + years of experience may be considered).
- Excellent computer and organizational skills, attention to detail.
- Must have transportation, a valid driver’s license, and maintain current automobile liability insurance at all times. Must live within a 30 mile driving distance of Helena, Arkansas
- Must be willing to travel. Most travel is daytime travel within the state but some overnight stays at trainings and/or conferences will be required.
- Must have flexibility to respond to crisis calls outside normal business hours.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail; knowledge of use and maintenance of technological tools; ability to initiate and follow through on projects with a minimum of supervision.
Estimated Salary: $21/hour with benefits (health insurance, dental and vision, retirement)
Deadline: Until filled – ideal start date October 1
Arkansas Coalition Against Sexual Assault