Fields: social work, job training, correctional system, psychology, social services
Location: Duluth, Minnesota
About the Organization: SOAR is a 501(c)3 organization based in Duluth, MN. SOAR was founded in 1983 as Project SOAR to help women gain skills to enter into the workforce. In 2005, the name changed to SOAR Career Solutions. Today, SOAR supports both men and women, and inspires personal transformation with their career development needs. SOAR through career development. SOAR provides innovative programming that moves people to sustainable employment, contributing to a prosperous community.
Participants of re-entry services benefit from mentoring, case management, employment services, and support with issues such as housing and transportation while transitioning back home. When we support people in becoming contributing members of our community, we all benefit. We increase the tax base and the health of our region. We improve relationships and self-confidence. We reduce reliance on public services. We help people find something powerful in themselves.
About the Position: This position is responsible for providing transitional case management support to individuals re-entering back to the community from incarceration. This position is also responsible for building awareness of and support for re-entry services in the community. This position requires the ability to travel to and enter into correctional facilities within the state of Minnesota.
- AA in Human Services Field such as Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or Criminal Justice preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of corrections theories and techniques
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team
- Accepts responsibilities and privileges of a self-directed work environment
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse educational and cultural backgrounds
This position works with vulnerable populations and is therefore subject to a background check. While employment is contingent upon completion of a criminal history and identity check, a criminal history will not preclude employment.
Estimated Salary: Low to mid 30,000s, based on experience
Deadline: September 20, 2018
SOAR Career Solutions