Fields: progressive, social change, labor, communications, HTML
About the Organization: With 3 million members, Working America mobilizes working people who don’t have the benefit of a union at work to fight for good jobs and a fair economy. As the community affiliate of the AFL-CIO, we unite working people in urban and suburban communities around a shared economic agenda.
About the Position: The Digital Communications Assistant will assist with organizing and supporting campaigns across digital platforms, assist in producing content for the organization’s presence on social media, respond to and engage with member communications online and by phone and assist with state issue and electoral advocacy. The position is a fixed-term position, with a planned end date of Dec. 14, 2018.
- Strong background in, or strong familiarity with, the labor movement, movements for progressive social change and political or issue campaigns; Demonstrated effectiveness in creating and executing digital campaigns.
- Attention to technical and editorial detail; Proficiency with Microsoft Excel;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to stay focused on a particular task, independent of others; Demonstrated ability to be flexible and able to adapt quickly to meet project needs;
- A strong understanding of organizational goals, procedures and protocols, and the ability to work within these parameters; Ability to work effectively in a team environment; Ability to work independently within the context of a plan.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours where necessary;
- Preferred skills: Graphic design; Knowledge of HTML/CSS.
Estimated Salary: $49,791 annualized + benefits
Deadline: ASAP – for fall