Fields: community development, consulting, civil society, research, social science
Location: Los Angeles, California
About the Organization: Stratiscope is a small, agile management consulting firm that harnesses the power of community to help businesses, nonprofits, and government agencies achieve their goals. An organization’s success rests on its ability to leverage community intelligence, and we help our clients do just that. Our team combines over 60 cumulative years of experience conducting street-level research to pinpoint opportunities, developing cooperative relationships, and activating key stakeholders and resources. Our solutions are tailored to the unique qualities of each client and community and are designed to adapt as each grows and changes.
About the Position: Under the leadership and mentorship of the Stratiscope team, you will spend two months, at 10 hours/week, owning a community engagement project focused on developing a comprehensive “map” of a designated community’s social and civic landscape, as well as supporting Stratiscope on various other projects. This internship is designed for a self-starter who is willing to dive into the project with an abundance of drive, confidence, and creativity.
- Work with the Stratiscope team to develop research plans
- Conduct online, phone, and in-person research
- Analyze findings and compile them into clear and concise reports
- Regularly report findings to supervisor to discuss and make necessary adjustments
- Support the Stratiscope team on other projects as needed
- Current student or recent graduate of a 4-year degree; 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Experience with G suite
- Effective communications skills
- Resourcefulness in research
- Creativity in problem solving
- Confident and independent
- Ability to work in a busy environment and prioritize tasks effectively
- Sense of humor and fun disposition
Estimated Salary: $500 monthly with the expectation of 10 hours of work per week for 2 months. This works out to about $12.50/hour.
Deadline: Until filled
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.