Fields: public interest, economics, policy, statistics, government
About the Organization: The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) is one of the most respected forces in America’s financial community. Our mission is to maintain stability and public confidence in the nation’s financial system by insuring deposits, examining and supervising financial institutions, and managing receiverships. The FDIC has ranked as one of the best places to work among mid-sized agencies in the Federal Government for the past seven years.
About the Position: Internship opportunities are available within the Division of Insurance and Research (DIR). Interns will assist in projects related to enhancing the Corporation’s programs for identifying, monitoring, and addressing existing and emerging aggregate risks to the Corporation’s deposit insurance funds.
Center for Financial Research (CFR) interns support both organizational and operational aspects of the Center for Financial Research. Organizational support includes:
- Coordination of seminar visits, maintenance of administrative spreadsheets, support for the Banking Research Conference, and similar requests.
- Operational support may include the collection and assembly of data for use in research projects, manipulating data in spreadsheets or database software, and presentation of data to economists and supervisors.
- Interns also support organizational and operational work in the review of various research and administrative documents.
Multiple Schedules – Full-time for [sic] part time. This is a temporary appointment that is not to exceed one year.
US citizens who have been accepted for enrollment or are enrolled and seeking a degree with an anticipated graduation date after December 1, 2019 (diploma, certificate, etc.) in a qualifying educational institution on a full or half-time basis; with an academic major in economics, public policy or applied statistics, have at least a cumulative (overall) 3.0 grade point average; and remain in good academic standing.
- For CG-04: Completion of 2 full academic years of post-high school study or successful completion of an associate’s degree AND 1 year of general work experience
- For CG-05: Completion of all requirements for a bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree AND 1 year of specialized experience (conducting research for economics, finance, mathematics or statistics research projects OR assisting others in evaluating and interpreting economic or statistical information).
Estimated Salary: $35,817 – $66,788 per year, annualized. Multiple Schedules – Full-time for [sic] part time. This is a temporary appointment that is not to exceed one year.
Deadline: September 14, 2018
Apply Here: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation