Fields: immigrants, refugees, law, policy, fundraising
Location: Portland, Maine
About the Organization: As Maine’s only provider of immigration and related legal aid to low-income Maine residents, ILAP provides affordable legal services and collaborates with service providers, policy makers, and the public concerning legal issues unique to immigrants, to ensure immigrants can effectively navigate our legal system. We help immigrants gain or improve their legal status, unite their families, improve their educational and employment opportunities, and contribute fully to their new communities in Maine. ILAP works toward a more just and equitable society where immigrants are treated with respect and dignity, and are valued for the cultural, political, intellectual, and economic vibrancy they bring to Maine. ILAP helps immigrants stabilize and upgrade their immigration status so that they can improve their lives and those of their families, and so that, like the immigrants before them, they can participate fully and meaningfully in Maine society.
About the Position: ILAP is seeking an Office and Development Associate to work closely with the Executive Director, Development Director, and accountant to manage ILAP’s administrative functions, including finance and human resources, and to support fundraising and development efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree or specialized training.
- 2 years of related administrative experience. (Editor’s note: Internship or part-time work during school should count towards this)
- Excellent organizational and people skills; Exceptionally strong attention to detail; Ability to work independently and to multitask.
- Excellent computer skills including prior experience with financial software and donor database programs. Prior experience with GiftWorks and QuickBooks is preferable; basic experience with InDesign, Illustrator, and Publisher is also desirable.
- Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Estimated Salary: Starts in the mid-$30,000’s, and is commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package, including fully paid individual health insurance.
Deadline: Review of applications begins September 7, until filled.
Immigrant Legal Advocacy Project