Fields: computer science, data analysis, engineering, social work, government
Location: Richmond, Virginia
About the Organization: The Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS) engages families for success. We are a state supervised and locally administered social services system. The Division of Family Services (DFS) manages an array of adoption, foster care, independent living, protective, and prevention programs on behalf of children in the Commonwealth.
About the Position: The Business Analyst position assists in the documentation for assigned efforts, including work on the design and development of a new comprehensive child welfare information system. Responsible for the set of tasks and techniques used to understand the structure, policies, and operations of an organization, and to recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. Analyzes DFS business operations to determine opportunities for automated processes and functions. Translates business requirements into functional specifications and manages changes to such specifications. May also be called on to assist in documenting business processes, advanced planning documentation, data cleanup, help files or FAQs, proposal evaluations and business related policies and procedures as they relate to systems automation functions.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: Considerable experience in multiple IT areas with relevant subject matter expertise in the following areas:
• High level and detailed designs; system architecture, production systems; online and batch processing environments.
• Full life cycle development of information systems.
• Legacy, client server and web development of major applications.
• Planning related to the development of software applications design, development, testing, implementation and production support of automated systems.
• Standards-oriented business analysis used in IEEE, CMM and PMI environments.
• Structured methodoligies. Extensive knowledge of business analysis and design practices.
• Identifying and confirming user requirements.
• Systems analysis and design.
• Business process re-engineering.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field.
Estimated Salary: $57,056 – $90,512 salary commensurate with experience
Deadline: September 6, 2018
Virginia Department of Social Services
If you have difficulty finding this posting, try searching through the website, using Position Number W2531 or Job Posting Number 1042317