Fields: social work, youth, civil society, advocacy, outreach
About the Organization: The mission of the Far Southeast Family Strengthening Collaborative, Inc. (FSFSC) is to act as a catalyst to develop, nurture and sustain partnerships of residents, agencies and institutions in the southeast community and to create a healthy socioeconomic environment through which children and families have the opportunity to achieve maximum potential and lead productive lives.
About the Position: Under the general supervision of the Community Engagement Coordinator, the Community Engagement Liaison is responsible for the coordination, implementation and monitoring of the community engagement functions of FSFSC within the Ward eight (8) community. The incumbent is responsible for:
- developing and maintaining the agency’s resource directory establishing and maintaining the mailing and membership databases;
- assisting with Asset Mapping assignments; managing the min-grants program;
- creating and maintaining an advocacy and referral database of youth/teen and family service providers;
- assisting with the implementation and development new programs.
He/she will heighten FSFSC’s relationships with the community in the broadest possible terms by working with a variety of government and community partners such as other non-profits, merchants, businesses, churches, schools, civic associations, and block clubs. He/she will attend community meetings to publicize and market the work of FSFSC and be informed about community news and issues facing the community.
The incumbent will maximize the FSFSC’s contribution to Ward eight (8) emergences. The incumbent will also provide insight on how the FSFSC can assist the residents by identifying resources to help create a healthy socioeconomic environment through which every child and family has opportunities to achieve their maximum potential and lead a productive life.
- High School diploma/GED. Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- 1 – 3 years of progressive experience in community development – preferred.
- Excellent computer skills for the design and production of a website and software support.
- Demonstrated organizational and management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with varying audiences including professionals, external agencies, staff and general public.
- Excellent listener.
Estimated Salary: $35,000 – $40,000
Deadline: Not given
Far Southeast Family Strengthening Collaborative