Fields: social justice, communications, arts, film, social change
Location: NYC, New York
About the Organization: The Opportunity Agenda is a non-profit communication lab that collaborates with social justice leaders to move hearts and minds, driving lasting policy and culture change. We amplify the inspirational voices of opportunity through a combination of communication expertise, creative engagement, and research.
About the Position: This internship offers exposure to the development of creative strategies in order to shift national dialogues on social justice issues, a wide range of event planning and partner database planning [see link for duties]. The internship is 8 weeks and based in New York City with an initial orientation, on-going supervision, and a final evaluation of the experience. Hours are part-time (24 hours per week).
- Attending college/graduate school or recently graduated and thinking seriously about career direction.
- Experience with event planning a plus.
- Experience working with arts and social change a plus.
- Experience with graphic design, filmmaking, or animation a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of spreadsheets and database software
- Social Media skills including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Respect for diversity, humility, sense of humor and enthusiasm for the mission
- Knowledge of Photoshop and video editing software a plus
Estimated Salary: $15/hour, 24 hours/week, 8 weeks
Deadline: Until filled
The Opportunity Agenda