Fields: education, youth, international relations, social justice
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota
About the Organization: HECUA is an organization of 20 liberal arts colleges, universities and associations dedicated to education for social justice. Together we shape academically rigorous, study-abroad and off-campus study programs that address the most pressing issues in our neighborhoods, nations and world. This unique educational collaboration engages students, faculty and practitioners in learning that generates knowledge and tools for social transformation and community building.
About the Position: The Student Services Associate (SSA) performs the administrative work that supports students before their off-campus study experience with HECUA. This support begins as soon as a student is accepted, and includes communication with students before the program begins, the collection and assessment of required paperwork, and preparation for the program. The SSA is the primary contact on staff for enrolled students and the point person for pre-program logistics, including student medical forms, insurance documents, and visas. The SSA is also responsible for preparing students for their off-campus study programs. This includes creating, maintaining, and distributing pre-program orientation materials, and conducting group orientations. Last, after each program concludes, the SSA processes student grades and transcripts.
This is a year-round, full-time position. The preferred start date for the position is flexible, but ideally mid to late-October.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 1-2 years of hands-on experience in learning abroad, study away, and/or students services.
- Ability to work respectfully and effectively with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Commitment to organizational equity and inclusion.
- Excellent written, verbal and phone skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders: students, parents, faculty, community partners, and professional staff.
- Understanding of higher education institutional hierarchies and appropriate channels of communication.
- Solid organizational skills, with fine attention to detail.
- Comfort with cloud-based CRM database.
- Prior experience assisting students with visa applications.
- Prior experience designing and facilitating student orientations for study away.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM; Experience with WordPress CMS.
- Commitment to experiential and community-based learning and social justice issues.
Estimated Salary: $30,000 – $35,000 + benefits
Deadline: September 21, 2018 5:00 PM
Higher Education Consortium for Urban Affairs