Fields: policy, journalism, civil society, research, data analysis
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
About the Organization: The Scholars Strategy Network is a one-stop resource that connects journalists, policymakers, and civic leaders to America’s top scholars and their research. Together they inform news and help solve the nation’s toughest policy problems. Across the country, chapters and scholars volunteer their research, time, and energy. Scholars join the network to become part of a community of leading researchers who are dedicated to improving policy and strengthening democracy. Through the network, journalists, policymakers, and civic leaders connect with responsive scholars and jargon-free research to support their work.
About the Position: The data intern will be responsible for maintaining network members’ data and web content, as well as assisting staff and other network leaders with easily accessing the various types of membership data required for building and maintaining strong relationships with the network’s growing membership. The data intern, as with all staff, will occasionally be called on to support other departments’ fast-moving projects. Additional responsibilities can range from compiling outreach lists to coordinating event logistics, to printing and collating.
The position requires a commitment of 15-20 hours per week. Additional hours may become available. Work schedule is relatively flexible and will be discussed in the interview process. The ideal candidate would start immediately and work until the end of December 2018. Start and end dates are negotiable.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to managing multiple projects at once
- A commitment to the network’s mission and vision
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; Excellent written communication skills
- Enthusiasm for learning; Interest in managing information systems and excited by problem solving
- Meticulous attention to detail; Ability to adapt to new data and information systems
- Self-motivation and a positive, professional attitude
Estimated Salary: $14/hour
Scholars Strategy Network