Fields: fundraising, communications, food justice, sustainability, health
Location: Troy, New York
About the Organization: Capital Roots is striving to create a more vibrant and equitable food system in New York’s Capital Region. We work to reduce the impact of poor nutrition on public health in New York’s Capital Region by organizing community gardens, providing healthy food access, and offering nutritional and horticultural education for all ages in Albany, Rensselaer, Schenectady and southern Saratoga Counties. Our mission is to nourish healthy communities by providing access to fresh healthy foods and green space for all.
About the Position: Provide event planning/coordination and solicit donations for all fundraising events for Capital Roots.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field.
- Experience or aptitude for special events planning, and/or general fundraising.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast paced environment, meeting multiple deadlines with accuracy and attention to detail; Demonstrated organizational and project management skills.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess excellent computer skills (MS office products, web and database).
- Must be flexible and comfortable dealing with various constituencies (including donors, volunteers, board members and constituents).
Estimated Salary: Starting at $13/hr (40 hours/week) + benefits: We offer fully covered medical insurance and partially covered (50%) dental insurance upon hire (benefit valued at $8,000). In addition to generous vacation time we observe 11 paid holidays – including three floating holidays – and offer paid personal and sick leave. You also have the option to enroll in our 403b retirement plan. Note: Dr. Amy K. Glasmeier at MIT estimates the living wage in the Albany-Schenectady-Troy, NY metro area to be $11.78 hourly
Deadline: Until filled