Fields: youth, education, job training, poverty,
Location: NYC, New York
About the Organization: Breakthrough New York is a ten-year college success organization that transforms the lives of motivated, low-income students by preparing them for college GRADUATION so that they can succeed in the world.
About the Position: As the College & Career Success Coordinator you will work alongside the College and Career Success Director to support BTNY students through all the aspects of their college persistence and career development while at BTNY. In this role, you will lead the creation of a talent development pipeline by developing and implementing an internship procurement and placement strategy for BTNY’s college students. By researching and analyzing BTNY college students’ career interests and leveraging your networking skills, you will build and maintain institutional partnerships with top employers in NYC and other major markets. A dual focus of this position is to develop a career readiness and professional development curriculum for BTNY students to ensure career competencies, social fluency, skill development, and career awareness. Supporting the College and Career Success Director, you will be an integral part of the final stage of BTNY’s 10-year program.
- Has a Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with Salesforce strongly preferred.
- Is a proven A-Player and practices:
- Efficiency: Produces significant output with minimal wasted effort
- Prioritization: Balances tasks and makes the right judgment call
- Critical and Reflective Thinking: Draws insightful conclusions from data and feedback
- Attention to Detail: Identifies the important details, ensuring they do not slip through the cracks or derails project
- Effective Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately, adjusts for audience as appropriate
- Leadership and Ownership: Understands their role as a leader on any project and team, resulting in successful outcomes regardless of their title or role using a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Demonstrates excellence in BTNY’s Core Values: We learn and lead flexibly and constantly. We embrace the sense of the possible. Relationships matter. We model integrity. We are all in.
BREAKTHROUGH POINTS IF YOU:
- Have taught or worked at a Breakthrough site previously (specifically with the High School/College Bound Program); Are a BTNY Alumnus/ae
- Are familiar with the selective college landscape and corporate recruitment process
- Have a background in career development
- Are proficient or fluent in Spanish, Mandarin, and/or Bengali.
Estimated Salary: $45,000- $48,000 annually
Deadline: September 16, 2018
Breakthrough New York