Fields: sustainability, urban planning, business, engineering, environment
Location: Redmond, Washington
About the Organization: Greenroads International is an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation which advances sustainability education and initiatives for transportation infrastructure. As the developer of the Greenroads Rating System®, the Foundation manages the certification process for sustainable transportation development projects in the U.S. and internationally.
About the Position: Greenroads seeks an Engineering Intern for a part-time (16-24 hours per week) civil engineering internship up to 12 weeks. As Engineering Intern, you will be assigned to complete specific internal research and engineering analysis activities that support the mission and vision of the organization and will help tell the story of our global impact.
As Engineering Intern, you are an engineering nerd and you are proud of it. You love poking around in data. You like to think about numbers, complex systems, and enjoy problem solving. You are curious and willing to learn new things. You like to read manuals and like Dilbert. You meet deadlines and follow instructions. You are meticulous when it comes to details. You prefer to work behind the scenes. You are a clear and logical thinker. You are pragmatic and enjoy collaborating to find a good solution. You ask questions when you are stuck. You love a good dose of reality as much as a great conversation and enjoy debates that challenge the way you think about the world.
Working Conditions: Open-plan desk in a collaborative space with lots of windows; Dog-friendly, with two resident canines for comic relief and exercise in nearby Marymoor Park; We are currently located on the 2nd floor of a building with no elevator and up a flight of 24 stairs. We acknowledge this is not accessible for everyone. We are open to alternative arrangements if the right candidate requires reasonable accommodations.
- Participating in an accredited engineering program in civil engineering at the senior or graduate level. Studies in urban planning, environmental sciences, construction management, or other built environment related coursework will be considered.
- Enjoys poking around on the internet; Loves slicing and dicing data
- Experience with information gathering and research; Great at analyzing and synthesizing information
- Logical and organized; Excellent written communication and mathematical skills
- Comfortable with technology and databases; Proficiency in spreadsheet tools (e.g. Microsoft Excel or similar)
- Comfortable with HTML programming
- Professional and positive attitude
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certificate
- Sustainable Transportation Professional (STP) Level 1 accreditation
- Experience reading engineering plans and specifications
- Technology support or customer relations experience
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization software
- Construction estimating and scheduling
- Non-profit experience
Estimated Salary: $15-23 hr DOE, 16-24 hours per week