Fields: fundraising, advocacy, Jewish, faith,
Location: NYC, New York
About the Organization: Footsteps supports and affirms individuals and families who have left, or are contemplating leaving, insular ultra-Orthodox Jewish communities in their quest to lead self-determined lives. Through our broad array of programs, critical supports and access to essential resources, Footsteps creates a vibrant community that celebrates the triumphs and advocates for the concerns of our members.
About the Position: The Development Operations Associate is the cornerstone of efficiency for our back-office development work, with tasks ranging from administrative support to leading and implementing complex projects to improve our infrastructure and organizational practices. The primary role of the individual is to manage the development department’s operations including: processing donations and acknowledgements, donor mailings, and maintaining the integrity of our donor database and financial records. The ideal candidate will excel at developing and maintaining systems, providing information, tools and assistance to enhance the organization’s development efforts, and analyzing and reporting on the success of fundraising efforts.
- 1-2 years previous related experience, preferably in non-profit development
- Systems thinker with impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to accurately handle diverse projects and a large volume of detailed work simultaneously, and use good judgment in prioritizing work
- Demonstrated ability to work with management information systems and databases; superior Excel required; fundraising database experience preferred
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Immigrants, people of color, formerly ultra-Orthodox individuals, LGBTQIA people, people with disabilities, and people who come from poor and working-class backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Estimated Salary: $40,000 – $45,000 + benefits