Fields: youth, social work, domestic violence, health, education
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
About the Organization: MOCSA exists to improve the lives of those impacted by sexual assault and abuse and to prevent sexual violence in our community.
In addition to services provided at our primary office location in midtown Kansas City, Missouri, we provide outreach counseling for adolescent and adult sexual assault victims around the metro. MOCSA’s education programs for elementary, middle and high school students are available in more than 30 school districts throughout our services area.
About the Position: The Prevention Specialist will work with youth, particularly middle school students, to implement the Green Dot violence prevention program in schools in the Kansas City metro region. This person will also do general community and youth education around preventing sexual violence, dating violence, sexual harassment, etc, and occasionally answer MOCSA’s regional crisis line. See full job description here.
This is a full-time position; business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Frequent travel throughout the Kansas City metropolitan area to perform education and crisis intervention services.
- The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in public health, social work, or related field…
- OR six years of equivalent work experience in community education and/or outreach.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in public speaking.
- Previous training in sexual abuse or sexual assault.
- Experience in crisis intervention, working with youth, community building, and outreach/networking skills.
- Experience with curriculum development, social media/marketing, and audio-visual technology.
- Fluency in Spanish.
Estimated Salary: $36,000 – $40,000 DOE + benefits (Vacation, Holiday, Sick Pay, Medical, Dental, Life, Long-term Disability Insurance, 403(b) and Cafeteria program)
Deadline: Until filled
Apply Here: Folks can send their resume and cover letter directly to the HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org