Fields: international development, health, journalism, communications, advocacy
Location: Seattle, Washington
About the Organization: Malaria No More (MNM) envisions a world where no one dies of a mosquito bite. More than a decade into our mission, our work has contributed to historic progress toward this goal. Now, we’re mobilizing the political commitment, funding, and innovation required to achieve what would be one of the greatest humanitarian accomplishments—ending malaria within our generation.
About the Position: MNM’s Communications Fellowship Program welcomes diverse undergraduate and graduate students and young professionals with an interest in communications, journalism and/or global health. A fellowship with MNM provides an opportunity to work in a small, influential advocacy organization and learn about the many facets of global health communications, including: media relations; digital content development (social media and website); communications strategies, technologies and measurement; influencer engagement; and, research.
The fellowship requires a minimum commitment of 6 months with the potential to extend. Fellows are expected to commit 8-12 hours per week, ideally split over 2-3 days per week. The exact schedule is flexible and can be worked around school commitments, exams and holidays. We are currently recruiting for Fall 2018 and with an approximate start date of mid-September.
- 1.) Working towards or hold a university degree in communications, journalism, public/global health or comparable field (BA/BS, MA, or PhD). Current undergraduate students must be seniors or in their final year. Working towards or hold a university degree (undergraduate, Master’s or PhD), OR
- 2.) At least 1 year of relevant communications experience in a professional setting
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading, and writing). Additional language skills are preferred.
- Interested in global health / international development issues
- International exposure preferred
- Ability to think strategically, express ideas clearly both orally and in writing, and work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to commit 8-12 hours per week, ideally split over 2-3 days.
- WordPress, Photohop and InDesign experience a plus
- U.S. work authorization (MNM is not able to sponsor visas)
Estimated Salary: $15 /hour. As a fellow, MNM will make a safe harbor contribution of 3% of your eligible earnings into a 401(k) retirement plan.
Deadline: ASAP, mid-September start date
Malaria No More