Fields: immigrants, youth, poverty, social services,
Location: Lowell, Massachusetts
About the Organization: The Cambodian Mutual Assistance Association is dedicated to improving the quality of life for Cambodian Americans and other minorities and economically disadvantaged persons in Lowell through educational, cultural, economic and social programs.
About the Position: This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with a passion for working with children to develop social, educational and emotional progress in students. The successful candidate will collaborate with the Program Manager, other staff members, and community partners to achieve performance goals.
- Assist Program & Outreach Manager in the coordination and integration of programs including Young Professionals Program, Rising Stars, After-School Program and various organizational or community events.
- Tutor and assist children individually or in small groups to help master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts as needed.
- Work with Program Manager to develop objective performance measurements across all sites, to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting. Collect data for surveys for youth programs.
- Perform clerical duties such as data entry, document creation and filing.
- Participate in outreach events to market programs and services to community members.
- Communicate with parents, track attendance participation and report to Program Manager on daily student involvement.
- Prepare lesson materials, bulletin board displays, exhibits, equipment, and demonstrations in line with CMAA mission. Organize and supervise games and other recreational activities to promote physical, mental, and social development.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to working in a progressive community development and mission-driven organization.
- Associates degree preferred but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak in Khmer is highly preferable.
- Must be well organized, detail oriented with excellence in multitasking.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for CMAA’s mission.
- Be able to pass a SORI/CORI check.
- Ownership of vehicle for transportation is highly recommended.
Estimated Salary: $15-$18 per hour, 25 hours/week
Cambodian Mutual Assistance Association