Fields: labor, progressive, politics, campaigns, public interest
About the Organization: By synthesizing successful older models of organizing with today’s technology and social media, the Corporate Action Network provides activists with the tools they need to stop abuses and demand accountability. It will network and amplify the work of the many people fighting corporate abuses and help their organizations pool power and get real results, and it will help lead the fight directly against the worst corporate bad actors.
About the Position: Action Network is seeking a dedicated, driven individual to serve as a Partnership Development Intern. This intern will support Action Network’s program to bring on more progressive partners to use our technology to build power.
What you gain from an internship with Action Network:
- Opportunity to develop relationships with a cross-section of progressive organizations across the globe
- Manage intake for small partnerships, including answering technical and organizing questions
- Help define segments of potential users of our tools, domestically and internationally
- Facilitate toolset demos for potential partners
- Build robust CRM practices to track our engagement with potential partners
- Develop an understanding of how digital and data tools are used to support organizing
The position is based out of Washington, DC. We are looking for an intern that can work 15-20 hours per week.
- Prior organizing experience (union, community, or electoral), and ability to use personal stories to explain why you organize
- Strong written communications skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Successful experience recruiting new members to an organization
- Curiosity around new ways of organizing, using data, and building infrastructure for a long-term movement
Ideal candidates will have experience with at least one of the following:
- Meeting facilitation, tutoring, teaching, or leading trainings
- Working knowledge of Action Network or another tool for digital organizing
- Experience with a data management toolset
Estimated Salary: $15/hour, 15-20 hrs/wk
Deadline: September 10, 2018
Corporate Action Network