Fields: education, youth, science, communications, marketing
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
About the Organization: Nauticus is a maritime-themed museum located on the scenic Elizabeth River waterfront in the heart of downtown Norfolk, VA. In addition to the museum, the Nauticus campus is home to Sail Nauticus, a nonprofit community sailing center.
Our mission at Sail Nauticus is to positively inspire, instruct, and impact Hampton Roads youth through sailing and maritime sciences. Our flagship initiative, the Sail Nauticus Academy, is a hands-on sailing and STEM education after-school program that focuses on teaching lifelong leadership, communication, and teamwork skills to Norfolk youth. Sail Nauticus also runs a fee-based adult membership program.
About the Position: The role of Office Administrator/Programs Coordinator is a public facing, customer service-centric position. The successful candidate will provide support to multiple programs and ensure the smooth functioning of the department. He/she must be able to function effectively in a variety of roles within a dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities, projects, and deadlines; Ability to function independently in a small, results-oriented work environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Superb writing skills, with a mastery of grammar and the ability to tell engaging and compelling stories
- Interest in Marketing/Communication a plus.
- Experience using: WordPress, WordPress plugins, or other content management platforms; Google Forms, Survey Monkey, or other survey design systems
- Graphic design software experience (Adobe suite, Canva), preferred
- Non-profit experience a plus
- Sailing experience preferred, willingness to learn sailing required
Estimated Salary: $35,000-$45,000 + health benefits and PTO
Deadline: Not given