Fields: food justice, job training, social enterprise, marketing, communications
Location: Chicago, Illinois
About the Organization: The Hatchery is a non-profit startup incubator that helps food & beverage entrepreneurs launch and grow their businesses. It is a one-stop-shop aiming to solve three major challenges in the industry: access to production space, financing, and resources. The Hatchery is building one of the largest food & beverage incubators in the U.S. and will be among the first to be built from the ground up. The Hatchery currently operates out of one of the oldest and largest business incubators in the U.S., the Industrial Council of Nearwest Chicago (ICNC).
About the Position: We are looking for a highly creative and energetic individual who is passionate about the food & beverage industry. You will have the exciting opportunity to help us grow this budding organization that will have a major impact on the local community through job creation and economic growth. This role includes helping market and promote The Hatchery’s offerings to the local community, food entrepreneurs, partners, and press. Ability to grow within organization over time.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: We’re seeking a people person with strong organization and communications skills who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment.
- College degree (ideally in communications, marketing or liberal arts)
- Proven experience in marketing role
- Experience in social media and content creation; Web management
- Strong photographic skills; Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about food and helping create sustainable economic growth in local communities
- Tech-savvy, comfortable using different and new kinds of technology
- Experience with event planning
- Data analytics
- Experience in the food & beverage industry a bonus
- Experience working with nonprofits and in community development a plus
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and WordPress a plus
Estimated Salary: $40,000-$45,000 + benefits
Deadline: Not given / ASAP