Fields: public interest, policy, poverty, communications, fundraising
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
About the Organization: Founded in 1969, the National Consumer Law Center® is a nonprofit advocacy organization that seeks to build economic security and family wealth for low-income and other economically disadvantaged Americans. NCLC is the leading source of legal and public policy expertise on consumer issues for lawyers, federal and state policymakers, consumer advocates, journalists, and front-line service providers.
About the Position: The National Consumer Law Center seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist communications and media relations efforts. This paid internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of communications while working for a national nonprofit advocacy organization.
- Assist in writing and editing of various internal and external communications, including weekly e-newsletter, news releases, etc.
- Track organization’s news coverage.
- Perform research in various news markets and subject areas.
- Build and update media lists and databases.
- Assist with administrative duties.
- Possible other projects with social media, research, and writing.
Flexible schedule, up to 20 hours per week. Availability on Fridays is highly preferred. We are accepting applicants for fall 2018 or for the full academic year (preferred).
- Understanding of the basic principles of communications, public relations and/or marketing
- Possesses excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of various social networks and tools
- Multimedia (creating video, podcasts, etc.) experience desirable
About the Position: The National Consumer Law Center® is seeking a Development Intern in our Boston headquarters to assist with day-to-day administrative and clerical tasks. 15-20 hours a week; Flexible hours for students. We will consider applicants for the fall 2018 semester or full academic year. Please state the duration of your interest in your cover letter.
- Facilitate conference planning under direction from the Events Manager for 2-3 major conference per year and numerous trainings and webinars;
- Provide research and administrative support in preparation for NCLC’s 50th Anniversary campaign.
- Current enrollment in a 4 year or community college.
- Ability to take direction and prioritize a variety of tasks, while maintaining open lines of communication with supervisor and teammates.
- Exceptional organizational skills, careful attention to detail; Ability to juggle details under pressure while being able to multitask effectively.
- Database and social media experience welcome.
- Related experience or nonprofit experience preferred.
Estimated Salary: $13 per hour
Deadline: Not given