Fields: fundraising, women’s rights, gender, education, philanthropy
About the Organization: The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is the nation’s leading voice promoting equity and education for women and girls. Since our founding in 1881, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political.
About the Position: Responsible for supporting key departmental functions, including project management, fundraising support throughout the fundraising cycle, and administrative support.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline;
- 1-2 years of experience working in a sales or fundraising role, OR an equivalent combination of training and relevant experience;
- Knowledge of and a strong commitment to generally accepted fundraising policies, standards, and values, as well as the AFP Code of Ethics;
- Attention to detail, significant organizational, and other project management skills necessary; Excellent writing, presentation, and proposal development skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills with diverse audiences — including individuals, groups, corporate executives, and non-profit executives and Board members — and the demonstrated ability to solve problems creatively and tactfully;
- Innovation and flexibility required.
Estimated Salary: $42,000 – 46,000 + benefits
American Association of University Women