Fields: law, social work, children, youth, advocacy
Location: Helena, Montana
About the Organization: CASA of Lewis & Clark and Broadwater Counties recruits, trains and supports volunteers to represent the best interests of abused and neglected children in the courtroom and other settings. CASA volunteers are appointed by judges to ensure these children don’t get lost in the overburdened legal and social service system or languish in group or foster homes. Volunteers stay with each case until it is closed and the child is placed in a safe, permanent home. For many abused children, their CASA volunteer will be the one constant adult presence in their lives.
About the Position: The Volunteer Coordinator provides supervision and support to CASA volunteer Advocates. The Volunteer Coordinator ensures that children involved with CASA receive sound advocacy and early permanency planning. This position primarily focuses on necessary volunteer recruitment and retention efforts. The position will also involve some community education and public awareness. Background check will be conducted. Must complete CASA Advocate training within six months of hire.
- Bachelor’s degree in human services related field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Demonstrate strong skills in public speaking, organization, collaboration, interpersonal relationships, trainings and small group facilitation.
- An understanding of volunteers, child abuse and neglect, families in crisis, child development, recruitment, and knowledge of court appointed special advocacy and other social service skills preferred.
- Knowledge of court appointed special advocacy and other social service skills preferred.
- Experience working with volunteers
- Understanding of child abuse and neglect, families in crisis, and child development
- Knowledge of court appointed special advocacy and other social service skills preferred
- Comfortable working in diverse settings
Estimated Salary: $16/hr
Deadline: Until filled
Please send a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.