Fields: fundraising, communications, education, data analysis, SPSS
Location: NYC, New York
About the Organization: Prasad Consulting & Research (PCR) enables nonprofit organizations to maximize their income by raising major and capital gifts. Since 1989, the firm has counseled more than 100 charities throughout the country and around the world, with operating budgets ranging from $50,000 to $2.5 billion. PCR is a pioneer in helping organizations craft major donor strategies for individuals and groups with differing cultural values and sensitivities. Projects have included campaigns targeted specifically to African-American, Chinese, Dutch-American, Hispanic, Scandinavian, South Asian, Sephardic, gay and lesbian, elderly, and female populations.
About the Position: Want to learn more about the nonprofit world and how to raise money for these organizations? A part-time position in our New York office is now available. This position is ideal for recent graduates and current undergraduate or graduate students who would like more experience with fundraising and philanthropy. You will get a solid introduction to standard research programs and techniques. The Research and Administrative Assistant performs various duties that support fundraising efforts and a functional office. This position demands judgment and professionalism. He or she will be involved in short and long-term projects related to fundraising research and strategy, social media, and email, phone, and in-person interactions with clients. 20+ hours per week, flexible schedule with additional hours possible. Starting immediately.
Special Requirements/Qualifications: We are a very small and fast-paced office looking for the right person to join our team. Candidates must be an intelligent, analytic, responsive, organized, and detail-oriented person with excellent writing skills who is interested in the opportunity to work with many clients dealing with issues in the areas of fundraising, research, events, and communications.
- Excellent communication, writing, and editing skills; Fluency in English necessary.
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree or in pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree preferred, some graduate work is a plus.
- Demonstrated initiative and follow-through with a keen sense of urgency; Goal-oriented and ability to meet large goals and deadlines effectively.
- Self-motivated; Strong time management and organizational skills, able to efficiently manage multiple projects simultaneously with consistency and accuracy.
- Cultural competence. Proficiency in additional languages would be of interest, but is not required.
- Interest and/or experience in supporting development/fundraising, public relations, communications studies, and/or working in the nonprofit sector
- Experience as a Teacher’s Assistant
- Familiarity with Raisers Edge software, Dreamweaver, SPSS and/or equivalent programs
- Tech savvy/experience with applications such as SquareSpace, MailChimp, Photoshop, Canva, and Google Analytics
Additional Skills/Experience (preferred, but not required)
Estimated Salary: $12/hour, 20+ hours per week + some benefits (the opportunity to attend New York University and Columbia University Prospect Research classes, networking events related to philanthropy, and an unlimited monthly metro card). Promotable.
Deadline: ASAP / position available immediately
Prasad Consulting & Research