Fields: youth, education, social services, job training, social work
Location: Bronx, NYC
About the Organization: High School of Excellence and Innovation is a small, academically rigorous, full-time New York City Department of Education school designed to re-engage high school students who are over-age and under-credited school. East Side House, Inc. is directly responsible for the administration of the program’s supports/effort which enhances the improvement of attendance / student engagement / and school culture via an holistic approach, of providing advisors, social emotional services, mental health services, family engagement event, and much more. We support the academic component by offering additional academic support, career and education exploration, work preparation, skills development, and internships.
About the Position: Duties include…
- Solicit, develop and cultivate internship and/or job opportunities within the community including use of cold calls and visits to employers.
- Establish liaisons with corporate and nonprofit organizations for identification of employment and internship opportunities, and to provide workshops and mentoring opportunities for students including coordination with other community youth employment assistance programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, human services, or related field.
- Preferred experience in vocational counseling
- Minimum of two years’ experience with youth at risk and/or school setting
- Excellent verbal, analytical, writing, communication, organizational skills; Strong interpersonal skills and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment and multi-task.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community service/ development.
[see link for complete list]
This is a full-time job. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 10 a.m.to 6 p.m. Some evening and Weekends required. Maintain flexible hours and work days for field trips and events. Work days/hours subject to change based on ESH needs. Location is 650 Academy Avenue New York NY 10034
Estimated Salary: $24.73/hour + benefits
East Side House