Fields: poverty, outreach, faith, social services, philanthropy
Location: Rockville, Maryland
About the Organization: Interfaith Works is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency and a non-sectarian interfaith coalition of more than 165 affiliated congregations of diverse faiths focused on helping our neighbors in Montgomery County, Maryland. We work to support individuals, empower families, and transform the community. Our programs shelter, clothe, and feed our neighbors in need and provide supportive services with the goal of helping them achieve self-sufficiency.
About the Position: Interfaith Works is seeking a high-energy, organized person to serve as a Community Engagement and Volunteer Coordinator. S/he will serve as the liaison between IW’s Development Office and the IW Clothing Center (IWCC), The Community Engagement and Volunteer Coordinator will support the vision, strategy and management of all volunteer engagement initiatives at IW. S/he will support the IW satellite site volunteer coordinators and provide leadership and direction to the IW volunteer program. This position will be responsible for supporting coordination, recruitment and training of volunteer groups, relationship maintenance and volunteer program responsibilities at the Interfaith Works Clothing Center (IWCC). Some evening and weekend hours are required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Detail oriented, excellent time management, program management and organizational skills; 1 – 3 years of experience in volunteer programming or program management.
- Building and motivating effective teams of diverse people; Ability to work with a diverse pool of volunteers, service partners and cultural and professional styles.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, and confidence in public speaking.
- Bilingual proficiency is a plus.
- Flexible work schedule allowing for evening and weekend hours.
Estimated Salary: $38,000 – $40,000 + benefits
Deadline: August 31, 2018