Fields: women’s rights, social services, homeless, domestic violence, social work
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
About the Organization: Are you a people person looking to apply your organization skills at one of the most-highly regarded nonprofits in Boston? Is social justice and the advancement of women important to you? Then you may have a place at Rosie’s Place, the first women’s shelter in the United States. What started out as safe place for poor and homeless women to get a bed and a meal in Boston 44 years ago has grown into a multi-faceted community center serving 12,000 women a year.
About the Position: The Volunteer Coordinator assists in the overall management and coordination of volunteer services at Rosie’s Place. Working with the Director and the Volunteer Recruiter, the Volunteer Coordinator helps maximize the skills of a large number of volunteers and interns to meet the needs of all Rosie’s Place Programs. We work to support the mission of Rosie’s Place – to provide a safe and nurturing environment for poor and homeless women to maintain their dignity, seek opportunity, and find security in their lives. Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00am-6:00pm; Occasional evening and weekend work required as determined by Director. Key Responsibilities:
- Work with the Volunteer Services team to recruit, select, orient, train, supervise and retain volunteers.
- Communicate daily with volunteers on-site and through email and phone calls; Handle scheduling, tracking, and monitoring of volunteer activities.
- Establish, maintain, and cultivate partnerships with individuals, college interns and all types of groups (corporate, faith-based and educational).
- Communicate the mission of Rosie’s Place through tours, presentations and volunteer recruitment fairs.
- Experience with database management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; the ability to communicate the mission and philosophy of Rosie’s Place.
- Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills and the ability to be welcoming to all volunteers; Strong customer service skills and a commitment to social justice.
- Flexibility and the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, and to respond quickly to changing conditions.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
Estimated Salary: $36,000 – $38,000 + benefits (Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Short/Long term disability and Life insurance, 401(k), pension, holiday pay, Vacation and sick, MBTA pass and Tuition Reimbursement.)
Deadline: Not given / Until filled