Fields: food justice, children, youth, education, communications
About the Organization:
About the Position: The Assistant, Food and Nutrition Services (FNS) will be responsible for the marketing and communications efforts for the FNS team, including: the furthering of community and interagency partnerships; covering events for social media; and summarizing events for newsletters and press, and outreach such as internal- and external-facing departmental newsletters. The Assistant, FNS will assist with media relations, including responding to media requests in liaising with the DCPS Communications Team, and supporting food and nutrition media events in schools and in the community as it applies to the department. In addition, the incumbent will initiate and maintain quality satisfaction measures and surveys among DCPS’ students, school-based staff and families, and disseminating the collected data to guide the efforts of the FNS department. Finally, this role will be responsible for the coordination of efforts for interactive live events, such as tastings and expositions as featured during International Food Days, the Chancellor’s State of Schools event, Local Strawberries and Salad Greens days, among others as appropriate.
- Associate’s degree OR one year of experience.
- Previous exposure to or experience in the education sector and/or nutrition sector a plus.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to exercise good judgment when dealing with difficult situations and unexpected challenges. Comfort with ambiguity.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Experience with social media platforms.
Estimated Salary: $46,356 – $52,293
Deadline: Not given / Until filled
District of Columbia Public Schools