Fields: gender, women’s rights, politics, law, policy
Location: NYC, New York
About the Organization: The Fund for Women’s Equality is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that promotes legal and lived equality for women in the United States by increasing public understanding of the need for comprehensive, fair and equal treatment of women and girls under the law and the need to end sex inequality in all its forms. The ERA Coalition is a 501 (c)(4) political organization that is working to support passage and ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment. The Fund for Women’s Equality and ERA Coalition are sister organizations.
About the Position: Seeking a highly motivated individual with an interest in gender justice movement building to fill the role of a Project Assistant in our New York City office. S/he provides administrative and communications support to the CEO and coordinates programmatic and administrative tasks for the team. The Project Assistant also works with the co-president, her executive assistant and COO to help facilitate project management, scheduling, and follow up on various communications and initiatives. This is an excellent opportunity to get your foot in the door to work for an organization building a movement around gender justice.
- BA preferred; Administrative experience preferred.
- Excellent writing, research and communication skills; Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as computer skills.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with staff, board members, donors, members and external partners.
- Highly resourceful team-player with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and be adaptable to competing demands.
- Availability and willingness, on occasion, to provide support and assistance outside regular business hours in accommodation of schedule.
Estimated Salary: $35,000 – $40,000
Deadline: August 24, 2018