Fields: sustainability, technology, policy, marketing, communications
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
About the Organization: The Energy Consumers Alliance of New England, dba Massachusetts Energy Consumers Alliance (Mass Energy) in Massachusetts and People’s Power & Light in Rhode Island, is a non-profit agent that enables everyday people to make green energy choices in the most cost-effective, practical and seamless ways possible, and to advocate for energy policies that benefit the greater good. Our energy programs offer New Englanders: Discounts on electric vehicles; Simple solar installation; Green electricity for homes, offices, and whole communities; Efficient electricity & heating; Advocacy for climate-friendly energy policy.
About the Position: This part-time position requires 21 hours/week for 12 weeks. Start date is September 4th. You will work from our office in Boston, and will be expected to travel and occasionally work at night and on weekends. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Responsibilities include:
- Provide excellent customer service to members and prospective customers;
- Help plan electric vehicle ride & drive events, and represent our organization at events;
- Recruit new dealerships to join our discount program;
- Draft communications for members and participants;
- General program support tasks and projects as assigned by supervisor.
Interns will gain:
- A chance to use your skills for a tangible project in the renewable energy sector.
- Exposure to the nitty-gritty of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies.
- An opportunity to gain knowledge, experience, and relationships in the non-profit sector.
- You must have permanent residency in Massachusetts, or be attending a MA college or university. Your graduation year must be 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, or 2021.
- Driver’s license and ability to work occasional nights and weekends;
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, in-person, on the phone, and in a team setting;
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail, and professional demeanor;
- Dependable and flexible, able to work independently with a strong work ethic;
- Experience in customer service, outreach, and/or sales.
Familiarity with electric vehicles and their positive impact, with a desire to learn more; Experience planning events
Estimated Salary: $15/hr, 21 hrs/week
Deadline: August 31, 2018
Send resume & cover letter to email@example.com (Pua Higginson) with subject line “Marketing Intern.”